00 264 0 81 244 1486
NC Maischatz Transcription Services
0.0 0 Reviews
This Company has no reviews. Be the first to share your experiences!Write a Review
Questions & Answers
Have questions? Get answers from NC Maischatz Transcription Services or NamibiaYP.com users. Visitors haven’t asked any questions yet.Ask a Question
(Registration number of defensive name: D/2017/0526)
NC Maischatz Transcription Services (NCMTS) is a multi-functional trilingual transcription company established in 2007 and based in the Capital of Namibia, Windhoek however we operate throughout Namibia, South Africa, Botswana and Zimbabwe. We specialize in transcripts for corporate, legal and general entities. We take pride in our work and offer a professional and confidential service striving for excellence.
We provide crystal clear digital audio stereo recording, copy typing, general and legal verbatim transcription (time coded), translations in English – Afrikaans – German languages, proofreading and editing.
The Sole Proprietor and founder of the company NC Maischatz Transcription Services Natalie Maischatz has more than 28 years of legal experience and is responsible for recruitment and training. Our company conforms to BEE guidelines by offering equal opportunity to previously disadvantaged groups.
We work closely with various admitted Legal Practitioners, Advocates and Chartered HR Practitioners who have vast knowledge and qualification to chair Mediations and Conciliations, Arbitrations, Disciplinary Enquiries, Grievance Hearings and Recorded Meetings in a speedy and just manner.
Our recording team are highly skilled audio and sound technicians and the head sound technician Hermann Maischatz has more than 35 years experience in his field of sound and audio. Our digital recordings are guaranteed to be crystal clear to ensure fast and accurate transcriptions.
Our transcribing staff are independent contractors with a high command of the English language of which some are fluent in Afrikaans and German languages. We are meticulous in the quality of work that we produce and our transcribers and proofreaders have vast knowledge of legal and court proceedings. We are familiar with the functions of a law firm and a court house as our staff are trained ex-legal and court typists. We offer in-house training workshops and our contractors are trained to work under pressure and to meet deadlines. We adhere to strict privacy and confidentiality policies. Our services include virtual assistant duties. Our workflow systems are secure and safe for uploading and storage of audio and video files received as well as for the storage of transcribed material.
- Mediations and Conciliations
- Disciplinary enquiries
- Grievance hearings
- Recorded meetings
- Litigation (affidavits, statements, agreements, constitutions, pleadings and notices, discovery, trust deeds, wills)
- Verbatim transcription
- General transcription
- Creating and typing of CV’s
- Business transcription
- Research transcription
- Mail merge
- Powerpoint presentations and flow charts
- Drafting of board minutes
- Recording of Disciplinary hearings – Grievance hearings – Arbitration hearings, court tribunals and board meetings with digital stereo microphones
- Chairing hearings and meetings
- Proofreading and editing in English, Afrikaans and German
Recording of audio stereo files:
Recording quality is very important and plays a large role in ensuring that verbatim recordings are transcribed accurately
It is recommended to record in MP3 and we accommodate any other formats including WAV, WMA, M4a and others
How to conduct a hearing:
Choose a venue with little or no noise disturbance the slightest movement (including air conditioners are picked up on the recordings and will affect the clarity of recordings).
Speakers should raise their voices when there are background disturbances and allow each other time to speak individually. Speakers should repeat the conversation when there is a loud disturbance or mechanical breakdown in the recording.
Introducing and identifying speakers:
To ensure that the record accurately reflects who is speaking, speakers should be allowed to introduce themselves and identify their capacity at the beginning of the recording.
Loud and clear recordings:
Speakers should sit as close as possible to the microphone and when there are more than 4 speakers it is recommended to use additional microphones. Encourage speakers to look up when talking and to pause when paging through documents
Playback and saving of audio files:
Save recordings in the highest possible resolution. The higher the setting the better sound quality.
Upload of audio files:
Once your recording is finished you can upload and email the audio files. We recommend using Jumbomail, Sendspace or Dropbox.
Downloading of audio files:
We download large audio files via Jumbomail, Sendspace or Dropbox and the sites to be visited for downloading are:
- Digital audio files
- micro / mini and standard cassettes
- hand-written notes
- verbatim records – which are accepted for oral evidence and used in Namibian and South African courts.
We extract and draft minutes for board meetings
We translate from English – Afrikaans - German
We offer virtual assistant duties
Our external digital stereo audio recordings:
- We provide digital stereo audio recordings played back and recorded on the highest resolution to be loud and crystal clear.
- Exclusive rights of recorded material are exercised.
Format of transcriptions:
- We transcribe proceedings in MS Word and convert them to PDF
- We provide soft copies in PDF format via email.
- We deliver hard copies and bind our court records and disciplinary / grievance hearings
Rates and payment:
- Rates are provided per page on request by email, sms, whatsapp and/or verbally and can be negotiated.
- A premium per page may be charged if work is accepted by us on an urgent basis and such rate can be negotiated on acceptance of the work.
- Payment of transcripts are required upon presentation of invoice for smaller assignments (1 to 5 hrs).
- 50% Deposit of quoted prices are required for larger assignments (5 hrs or longer).
- Clients are required to sign and return quotations prior to the commencement of the transcription.
- Payments are preferred by electronic fund transfer and can also be made in cash, bank guaranteed cheque or direct cash deposit.
- Banking details are provided when quotes are accepted and returned signed.
- We have goodstanding with Inland Revenue, Social Security Commission, Employment Equity Commission.
NC MAISCHATZ TRANSCRIPTION SERVICES
P O Box 86114
No. 72 - Erf 1003 Koinseb Street
Kleine Kuppe, Windhoek
Tel.: +264 (0)61-253890 / 259024
Fax: +264 (0)61-259024
Cell: +264 (0)81-2441486
Fax to email: +264 (0)88-6522622
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Visit our website http://transcription-services-namibia.com/
This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of the e-mail by you is prohibited.
- Monday:08.00 to 18.00
- Tuesday:08.00 to 18.00
- Wednesday:08.00 to 18.00
- Thursday:08.00 to 18.00
- Friday:08.00 to 18.00
Listed in categories